Keep your plants hydrated & aerated!
Vermiculite is a hydrous phyllosilicate mineral which undergoes significant expansion (exfoliation) when heated. It is very lightweight and mixes easily with other mediums. Due to its properties, Vermiculite has a remarkably wide range of applications. Low bulk density, low thermal conductivity, odor-free, chemical inertness, easy handle and fire resistance are the features that render Vermiculite a highly versatile and promising material.
Among others, Vermiculite can be used as high-temperature insulating refractory material. On top of that, when it is combined with other aggregates such as expanded shale, clay and slate produces refractory concretes and insulation materials.
Vermiculite has been successfully used as soil improver in Horticulture and Agriculture helping the plants to thrive.
- It increases aeration and moisture retention, saving 30-50% water.
- Through its high Cation-Exchange Capacity (CEC), Vermiculite minimizes fertilizer leaching.
- It is an excellent carrier and extender for fertilizer and pesticides and works well as packing material for bulbs and tubers.
- Vermiculite helps plants growing faster and it is ideal for transplanting, flowers arranging, newly seeded lawns and roots cutting.
- Exfoliated Vermiculite by Mathios Refractories is Asbestos free, non-toxic and environmentally safe.
to find out more and see your plants thriving like never before.